Prague and Saturation



The top photo is unedited (though it is a panorama composited from several). The bottom photo has had its saturation pushed way up. While this makes the bottom version have some strange chromatic issues (something which can be seen by zooming way in on the full resolution version), I prefer to have color in my photos (and the original version was thwarted in this effort by the clouds...). You may notice the place where the tiling pattern on the ground falls apart; this is because I moved in between shots of the panorama. The computer couldn't figure out a good way to composite this. Additionally if you look closely you may spot some people who moved in between shots. Finally those buildings on the center right are not really that curved, this is all a result of my movements and zooming/camera settings while I took the original shots. While a professional might have done it differently (and would certainly object to what I have done with the saturation), I quite like the effect. It makes the world feel a bit more like something out of a fairytale.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: